Please check out my website: DonnaBStudios.com

Duck Decoys

Duck Decoys
One day while out antiquing, I walked into a very dark, old barn filled with all sorts of interesting items. These duck decoys sat on a ledge by a window. The sun was bright and warm and beyond the barn was a barnyard with chickens. The contrast of the dark inside and the bright outside caught my eye and I snapped several photos for future paintings.

The Old Timer

The Old Timer
Another place I am drawn to is junkyards. I love to see old rusty machinery. The structure and textures fascinate me. I am sure this old car was a prized possession in its day. Now it a sat in the scrapyard with other broken, rusty relics.

Friday, October 16, 2015

"Aqua Boy" An Original Watercolor by Donna Berk Barlup

Aqua Boy

An original Watercolor by Donna Berk Barlup

22" x 15"

I think my grandson spends most of his summer underwater, so I put him in his natural environment.  He will probably grow gills.  I also took his suggestion to make the water look like it was splashing around.  He has a great eye and is becoming an artist in his own right at age 6.

Donna Berk Barlup
DonnaBerkBarlup.com
djbarlup@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment